Microsoft Excel Certification – (Voucher Included) – (VIRTUAL) – Course #112117.900
Self Paced Learning
|Duration of Program Access
In this online Excel course, you will first learn to create, modify, and format Excel worksheets, perform calculations, and print Excel workbooks. The course then moves on to teach you how to use advanced formulas, work with lists, work with illustrations and charts, and use advanced formatting techniques. You will also learn Excel's advanced features, such as pivot tables, audit worksheets, data tools, macros, and collaboration methods.
This course prepares you for the Microsoft Office Specialist Expert certification exam for Microsoft Excel.
- Introduction to Excel
- Microsoft Office Basics
- Creating a Microsoft Excel Workbook
- The Ribbon
- The Backstage View (The File Menu)
- The Quick Access Toolbar
- Entering Data in Microsoft Excel Worksheets
- Formatting Microsoft Excel Worksheets
- Editing Worksheets
- Working with Rows and Columns
- Using Formulas in Microsoft Excel
- Finalizing Microsoft Excel Worksheets
- Introduction to Excel Exam
- Intermediate Excel
- Common Functions
- Working with Lists
- Visualizing Your Data
- Working with Tables
- Advanced Formatting
- Intermediate Excel Exam
- Advanced Excel
- Using PivotTables
- Advanced Functions
- Auditing Workbooks
- Data Tools
- Working with Others
- Recording and Using Macros
- Advanced Excel Exam
- Final Exam
- This course must be taken on a PC. Macs and Chromebooks are not compatible.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Microsoft Office 365, 2021 or 2019 (not included in enrollment). While you can use an older version of Microsoft Office, if you do, there will be some differences between your version and what you see in the course.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment.
High School Diploma or Equivalent. However, you should be comfortable using a personal computer and be familiar with operating Windows Office software.
- What you will learn
- Modify and format data in Excel to create clear, presentable worksheets
- Perform calculations, write formulas, manage workbooks, and save time with Excel shortcuts
- Use Excel database functions and logic functions to work with information in large datasets, and leverage Excel's statistical functions to analyze data
- Visualize your data using charts to show trends, create comparisons, and demonstrate other meaningful insights
- Convert, sort, filter, and manage lists to keep your data organized
- Insert and modify illustrations, logos, or shapes to create professional reports
- Emphasize interesting and unusual data with conditional formatting and save time by using styles to apply formatting instantly
- Create PivotTables and charts to quickly summarize large amounts of data
- Learn to trace precedents and dependents to learn about the data connected to your active cell
- Convert blocks of text, analyze data using tables, and leverage validation tools to control the data entered into your worksheet. Consolidate data from various sources into one master worksheet for easy summary and review
- How to protect your worksheets and workbooks for safe and secure collaboration
- Work with other applications by importing and exporting data, charts, and files
How you will benefit
- Enhance your resume with widely-recognized and in-demand Microsoft Excel skills, making you more attractive to potential employers
- Leverage Excel's powerful data analysis capabilities to make informed data-driven decisions
- Use Excel to automate repetitive tasks, saving you valuable time and reducing the risk of manual errors
- Generate sophisticated reports and visualizations using Excel to better understand your data and communicate your findings
- Master Excel's tools and shortcuts to boost your efficiency to complete your tasks more quickly
Is learning Excel worth it?
Becoming certified in Microsoft Excel is beneficial for several reasons. It equips you with the skills for data-driven decision-making, time-saving automation, and advanced reporting to help you work faster and smarter while increasing your productivity and overall employability.
Does this course prepare you for a certification?
Yes, you will be prepared for the Microsoft Excel Expert certification exam. For students using Microsoft Office 2019/2021, we recommend the MO-201 exam and the MO-211 exam for Microsoft Office 365 users. This course offers enrollment with or without a voucher. The voucher is prepaid access to sit for a certifying exam of your choosing upon eligibility. Proctor fees may apply, which are not included.
Because Excel involves data and spreadsheets, it is considered an excellent option for work from home or remote careers. According to ZipRecruiter.com, remote Excel jobs focus on using Microsoft Excel to enter and organize information and create visual representations of data.
What happens when I complete the course?
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.