Microsoft Word Certification Training – (Voucher Included) – (VIRTUAL) – Course #112118.900
Self Paced Learning
|Duration of Program Access
This Microsoft Word course will prepare you for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert certification exam for Microsoft Word. You will learn to create, edit, format, and print Microsoft Word documents. You will then move on to learn advanced formatting, use Word drawing tools, create and manage tables, and work with column layouts. You will also learn more advanced techniques, such as working with tables of contents, footnotes, and endnotes, adding comments, tracking changes, comparing and combining documents, creating envelopes and labels, using Mail Merge, and protecting documents.
Upon completion of this course, you will be prepared for the Microsoft Office Specialist Expert certification exam for Word.
- Introduction to Word
- Microsoft Office Basics
- Creating a Microsoft Word Document
- The Ribbon
- The Backstage View (The File Menu)
- The Quick Access Toolbar
- Formatting Microsoft Word Documents
- Editing Documents
- Finalizing Microsoft Word Documents
- Introduction to Word Exam
- Intermediate Word
- Advanced Formatting
- Working with Tables
- Working with Images
- Page Layout
- Working with Illustrations
- Viewing Your Documents
- Intermediate Word Exam
- Advanced Word
- Working with Long Documents
- Reviewing and Collaborating on Documents
- Comparing and Combining Documents
- Managing Mailings
- Protecting Documents
- Advanced Word Exam
- Final Exam
WHAT DIFFERENTIATES A MICROSOFT OFFICE SPECIALIST (MOS) FROM OTHER OFFICE USERS?
The process and knowledge involved with the MOS certification provide advanced knowledge in the operations and functions of the Office Suite products. MOS certificate holders are expected to understand and operate Microsoft Office products at a level of detail that exceeds that of an uncertified peer.
IS CERTIFICATION VALUABLE FOR MICROSOFT WORD 2019?
Microsoft reports that 86% of hiring managers prefer candidates with a relevant certification. Earning certification sets you apart as a serious professional who is committed to their work and personal development. It also indicates that you can undertake and complete a challenging course of study.
DO ANY JOBS REQUIRE MOS CERTIFICATION?
Many jobs require certification in one or all of the Microsoft Office products. MOS certification may lead directly to job opportunities in training or computer support, for example. Design or data-related positions may require certification in PowerPoint or Access.
IS MICROSOFT WORD 2019 CERTIFICATION GOOD FOR REMOTE CAREER OPPORTUNITIES?
Because Word involves word processing and documents, it is considered an excellent option for work from home or remote careers. According to ZipRecruiter.com, remote Microsoft Office jobs focus on using Microsoft Word to enter, organize, and create visual representations of information.
High School Diploma or Equivalent.
You should also be comfortable using a personal computer and be familiar with operating Microsoft Office software.
- What you will learn
- Create and edit Microsoft Word documents
- Find tools and features using the Ribbon and use the Quick Access Toolbar to expedite your work
- Use the File tab to find key features like open, print, properties, and recent files.
- Build impressive new documents using Word templates
- Format text and other elements to keep your documents clear, organized, and easy to read, and automate repetitive tasks using macros
- Use Styles to adjust the appearance of your text, add page numbers, headers, and footers, and adjust page layout to create clear, readable documents quickly and correctly
- Use spell check and grammar check to create error-free documents
- Use tables to manage and organize information, add and edit columns to sort information easily, and manage page breaks and section breaks
- Create professional-looking documents with advanced editing tools
- Master best practices for working with images, logos, and other visuals, including placement, sizing, text wraps, borders, and effects
- Leverage document views, the navigation pane, and multiple window options to work more efficiently
- Create easy-to-navigate documents with tables of contents, indexes, and outlines.
- Use citation tools, including footnotes, endnotes, and bibliographies
- Save time by learning to compare and combine documents and collaborate effectively using comments and track changed
- Use correspondence tools for creating mail merges, envelopes, and labels.
- Protect your documents with read-only settings, watermarks, and other security features.
- Easily prepare your documents for any audience with internationalization and accessibility tools
How you will benefit
- Enhance your resume with widely-recognized and in-demand Microsoft Word skills, making you more attractive to potential employers
- Craft professional and visually appealing documents to clearly convey your message to colleagues and clients
- Customize Word documents to suit various audiences and purposes, adapting to the specific needs of your projects
- Improve your workflow by learning Word's essential tools and shortcuts, enabling you to work more efficiently and effectively
- This course must be taken on a PC. Macs and Chromebooks are not compatible.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Microsoft Office 365, 2021 or 2019 (not included in enrollment). While you can use an older version of Microsoft Office, if you do, there will be some differences between your version and what you see in the course.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment.