Professional Bookkeeping with QuickBooks Online – (Voucher Included) – (VIRTUAL) – Course #111106.900
Self Paced Learning
|Duration of Program Access
This course will give you hands-on experience using QuickBooks Online to manage your business' finances—from recording income and expenses to entering checks and bank transfers to setting up a chart of accounts. You'll see how to reconcile your checking account and manage credit card and loan payments; create and print invoices, receipts, and statements; track your payables, inventory, and receivables; create estimates; generate reports; and much more. Once you complete this course, you will understand how to get your finances in order and be prepared for the QuickBooks Certified User Exam
- Introduction to Bookkeeping
- Accounting Basics
- Getting Started With QuickBooks Online
- The Chart of Accounts
- Centers and Lists
- Bank Accounts
- Recording Expenses and Paying Bills
- Credit Cards and Loans
- Sales Receipts
- Invoices, Estimates, and Customizing Sales Forms
- Billable Expenses and Customer Credits
- Sales Taxes and Reports
- Midterm Exam
- Product and Service Items
- Managing Inventory
- Managing Projects and Sales
- Progress Invoicing, Late Fees, and Bad Debts
- Fixed Assets and Loans
- Business Entities and Owner Transactions
- Banking Rules, Receipts, and Budgets
- Adjusting and Reviewing the Books
- Starting a Bookkeeping Business
- Your Career Roadmap: The Job Search and Future Opportunities (Optional Lesson)
- Communication and Organization (Optional Lesson)
- Final Exam
Does this course prepare for a certification?
Yes. You will be prepared for the Intuit QuickBooks Certified User (QBCU) exam upon completion of the course.
When can I start this course?
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course whenever you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
How long does it take to complete this course?
After you register, you will receive 6 months to complete the course. The time allotted for completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours.
What if I don't have enough time to complete the course within the time frame provided?
If you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee will be charged. If you are funded through a third-party organization, approval may also be required.
What happens when I complete the course?
Upon successfully passing the final exam, you will be awarded a certificate of completion from the school or organization that you registered through.
High School Diploma or Equivalent.
This program is designed to prepare you for an entry-level position as a full-charge bookkeeper. You do not need any prior experience or training in this field.
- What you will learn
- Successfully set up a company file in QuickBooks Online.
- Perform fundamental analysis of accounts, financial documents, and reports.
- Perform essential bookkeeping duties and tasks.
- Apply basic accounting principles (accrual method, depreciation, and so on) to bookkeeping practices.
- Understand fundamental accounting concepts and how QuickBooks works to support these concepts.
How you will benefit
- Gain confidence in your ability to use QuickBooks to perform bookkeeping tasks for any company
- Use basic, intermediate, and advanced features of QuickBooks Online proficiently
- Prepare for the QBCU Exam
- This course can be taken on either a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- QuickBooks Online (Free 1-year subscription and practice site included in enrollment.) An additional subscription or software purchase for QuickBooks Online is not required to complete this course. However, please note that this course is only suitable for the QuickBooks Online version.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Microsoft Word or equivalent.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- Bookkeeping for Dummies, 2nd Edition
- QuickBooks Online software
- Your enrollment in this course includes a free 1-year full subscription to QuickBooks Online. You will learn how to access and activate this subscription in one of your assignments.
Please note: You will receive a digital book if the physical book is on backorder.